What is CareerBeam?
CareerBeam is the best resource available to assist you in your career development efforts. It incorporates a career management seminar series that allows you to develop a complete Career Profile to aid in finding focus & direction for your career; it assists you in creating accomplishment-based presentation materials to market yourself to potential employers; and it emphasizes strategic search methods critical for experienced professionals in achieving career advancement objectives. Your CareerBeam subscription extends extremely powerful and otherwise cost-prohibitive resources to users and offers 24/7 access, allowing you to effectively manage your career development goals throughout your professional lifecycle, at the time and place that fits your needs. And it is free to all graduates of Saint Joseph's!
- Assessments & exercises combining into a Career Profile Report to help you define your best career path.
- Resume and Cover Letter, Builders that take you step by step through the process of creating accomplishment-based materials.
- Reference and Thank You letter Builders to see job search through to placement
- Interview preparation materials and videos to effectively present the value you bring.
- Industry Focus modules on the most popular industries providing a wealth of information to identify target employers including searches by major or profession; job boards with the most recent postings; and breaking news and alerts.
- The most updated job posting databases containing millions of jobs from multiple sources including internships, entry-level, professional and executive jobs and you can create alerts and find connections.
- Social media integration allowing you to leverage your contacts in Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. to network and identify potential positions